スキップしてメイン コンテンツに移動

注目

【文語のエロティシズム】〜蒲原有明『有明集』から「愛欲の詩 四篇」を。

  文語(明治期)の色気を求めて土井晩翠から探索を始めたが、「詩人」のバロディーが浮かんだだけで、格調高いがエロティシズムは残念ながら見出せず、続く詩人として「蒲原有明」を読んでみた。  複雑な語彙やリズムを駆使した象徴派詩人として、『独絃哀歌』『春鳥集』『有明集』などを発表。薄田泣菫と併称され、北原白秋、三木露風らに影響を与えた。   蒲原有明(Wikipedia)  死とエロスの香り漂う「われ迷ふ」を作曲してみたが歌で終わるのが物足りなく、朗読することに。  文語の色気をご堪能あれ。 **The Eroticism of Literary Japanese** — Four Poems of Desire from Kambara Ariake’s *Ariake-shū* In search of the sensuality of Meiji-period literary Japanese, the exploration began with Doi Bansui. But aside from the parody “The Poet,” what emerged was grandeur and dignity rather than eroticism. So the search moved on to Kambara Ariake, one of the major poets who emerged after Doi Bansui. A Symbolist poet known for his intricate vocabulary and rhythms, Ariake published such collections as *Dokugen Aika*, *Shunchōshū*, and *Ariake-shū*. Often mentioned alongside Susukida Kyūkin, he went on to influence poets including Kitahara Hakushū and Miki Rofū. from "Kambara Ariake (Wikipedia)"  蒲原有明(Wikipedia) A musical setting was first made f...

【海の日に寄せて】A Song of the Sea~John Ruskin 「海の詩歌(うた)」ジョン・ラスキンをJazz風に朗詠!

  J・ラスキンを知ったのは、井上義夫氏訳『ヴェネツィアの石』『フィレンツェの朝』を手にしたのがきっかけ。Wikipediaによると、著名な美術評論家だが、学生時代は詩人を志していたようで、早速検索してみたら、彼の詩集が出てきた。そして、もっとも私の詩心を魅了したのは、彼の大学時代の手稿だった。オークション・サイトでそれを発見。これは歌えるかも?、と感じた途端、メロディーが降りてきた。折りしも、Nuyorican Potes CafeのOnline Open Micのテーマが「Moon Song」でもあったので、ホストのElemet2alにも久しぶりに会いたかったから、十日ほどで動画を作った。私の歌唱はさておき(お聴き苦しくて申し訳ない)、膨大な著作を残した巨匠の、若き日の詩とは思えぬ老成した鎮魂歌だ。戦争を追慕してしまう夏に相応しい秀作を、お楽しみください。原文、と、日本語版、有り。


 


I first discovered John Ruskin through Yoshio Inoue’s Japanese translations of The Stones of Venice and Mornings in Florence. According to Wikipedia, Ruskin was a renowned art critic, but it seems that during his student days, he aspired to be a poet. That piqued my curiosity, so I searched for his poetry—and sure enough, I found a collection of his verses. But what truly stirred my poetic heart was a manuscript from his university years. I stumbled upon it on an auction site, and the moment I saw it, I thought, “Maybe I can sing this.” As soon as that thought crossed my mind, a melody came to me.


Coincidentally, the theme of the upcoming Nuyorican Poets Cafe Online Open Mic was “Moon Song,” and I also wanted to see the host, Elemet2al, again. So I created the video in about ten days.


As for my singing—please forgive its roughness—but I hope you'll enjoy this remarkably mature and solemn requiem, which is hard to believe was penned by a young man who would later become a giant of letters. It’s a beautiful work that feels especially fitting for this summer season, when memories of war so often return to us.


*************************************************************

自筆詩稿『A Song of the Sea(海のうた)』、"JR" のイニシャル入り

執筆者:ジョン・ラスキン氏|クライスト・チャーチ|オックスフォード大学

ラスキンは1836年10月にオックスフォード大学に入学し、在学中は詩作に多くの時間を費やしました。1839年には名誉あるニューディゲート賞を受賞しました。

https://www.sothebys


Autograph manuscript poem “A Song of the Sea”, initialled JR

Written by Mr. John Ruskin | Christ Church | Oxford. Ruskin matriculated in October 1836, and devoted much of his time at Oxford to writing verse. He won the prestigious Newdigate Prize in 1839.

https://www.sothebys



コメント